You can connect any Miro account with NEXT to create virtual whiteboards for NEXT tasks.
Follow these steps to connect your Miro account to NEXT:
- Log into the NEXT app
- Click the profile section in the upper, left corner to open the account popup menu
- Click on options "Apps" in the popup menu
- Click the button [Enable app] and follow the Miro authorization flow
- You will see in the end a confirmation screen if your Miro account was successfully connected to NEXT
You have to take the following steps to deconnect Miro again from NEXT:
Deauthorize NEXT in Miro
- Log into your Miro account
- Click the account photo in the upper, right corner
- Select "Settings" in the popup menu (do NOT select "Apps & Integrations"!)
- In the Miro account app, click on "Apps & Integrations"
- Click on "NEXT" in section "Installed apps"
- Uninstall the app
Remove Miro app from NEXT
- Log into the NEXT app
- Click on your profile photo/name to open the account popup menu
- Click option "Apps" to open the NEXT account settings
- Remove the Miro app
You need to execute first the two above disconnect before you can follow the normal "Add app" flow to connect Miro again.
The NEXT app for Miro allows you to create virutal whiteboards when remotely working on NEXT tasks with your project team.
Follow these steps to create a Miro board for a NEXT task:
- Open a NEXT task that has a Miro canvas (e.g. "Challenge Framing" in the Briefing phase)
- Click the button "Open in Miro"
- This will open the new board in Miro
Follow these steps to import the outcomes from your Miro board into NEXT:
- Open the NEXT task with an attached Miro board (you can spot them by the "View in Miro" button)
- Open the outcomes screen (e.g. Challenge editor for "Challenge Framing" task)
- Click the button "Import from Miro" button
- This will update your outcomes with the content within your Miro board
Q: What's the relationship between Miro teams and NEXT tenants?
A Miro team corresponds to a NEXT tenant (i.e. organization = Miro team = NEXT tenant). You can therefore connect one NEXT tenant to exactly one Miro team. Hence, if you have accounts in multiple NEXT tenants, you have to create a Miro team for each of them.
You can follow this support request to support connecting the same Miro team to multiple NEXT tenants.
Q: What to do when trying to import your findings from a Miro board, but it says "Can't find board. Please validate in Miro that the board wasn't deleted."?
Most likely one of your team members created the board you're trying to import. If you want to import the findings from this board, request editing access to the board first. To do so, click on the "View in Miro" button and ask the creator of the board for editing rights. After that, you should be able to import the board in NEXT.
Q: Who can access a Miro board created by NEXT?
NEXT creates Miro boards in the name of the user, i.e. NEXT doesn't do anything that the user couldn't do themselves via the Miro UI. This means, all concepts that you are familiar with from Miro apply equally to boards created by NEXT.
NEXT sets the following permissions for newly created Miro boards:
- All members of the same Miro team can access the board (in case a user joined multiple Miro teams: the user is asked to select the Miro team when connecting NEXT to Miro)
- Users from outside the Miro team can't access the board
After NEXT created the board, you can adjust these permissions in the Miro UI itself. For example, you could grant public access to the Miro board or invite selected other users.
Q: Why can't my NEXT project members access our Miro board?
The access to Miro boards is controlled by Miro - not NEXT itself. See also the other FAQ questions on the relation between NEXT users and Miro teams.
To ensure that your project members can access the Miro boards, we advise to follow these best practices:
- Use one Miro team per NEXT tenant (typically: 1 organization = 1 NEXT tenant = 1 Miro team)
- Ensure that all of your NEXT project members are part of this Miro team
In case you can't follow this best practice, you can explicitely invite users to your Miro board once NEXT created it.
Q: Why are data points imported multiple times from a Miro board?
Whenever you click the [import] button, NEXT will brings over all data from your Miro board. If you click the button twice, the data will therefore be imported twice. You can consolidate the data in the task report on NEXT.
In other words: The "Miro import" is really an import not a synchronization. There is no concept of "You added/changed/deleted something in Miro" - or "we update Miro based on changes you did in NEXT".
We opted for this conservative approach because it prevents NEXT from unintentionally destroying data. For example, if NEXT were to wipe all existing task outcomes before importing from Miro, it could destroy data points that you added/updated in the meantime.
Questions & issues
If you encounter any issues with the NEXT app for Miro, please report them like all other NEXT-related questions via the NEXT Support Portal (standard support SLAs apply).