You can connect any non-free Zoom account with NEXT to create virtual meetings for NEXT tasks.
Follow these steps to connect your Zoom account to NEXT:
- Log into the NEXT app
- Click the profile section in the upper, left corner to open the account popup menu
- Click on options "Apps" in the popup menu
- Click the button [Enable app] and follow the Zoom authorization flow
- You will see in the end a confirmation screen if your Zoom account was successfully connected to NEXT
You can uninstall the NEXT app directly from the Zoom marketplace (documentation). Once uninstalled, NEXT will allow you to connect to another Zoom account from the NEXT account settings.
In case you uninstalled the app from the Zoom marketplace; yet NEXT still shows the account as connected in the NEXT account settings: You can use the "Remove App" to inform NEXT (attention: this does not deauthorize NEXT in Zoom itself!)
The NEXT app for Zoom allows you to launch instant Zoom meetings when remotely working on NEXT tasks with your project team.
Follow these steps to create a Zoom meeting for a NEXT task:
- Open the NEXT task for which you want to start a Zoom meeting e.g. from the "My tasks" page
- Click the button "Start Zoom meeting"
- Click the [Start] button in the popup dialog to launch the Zoom meeting
- You can invite the other task participants by sharing the shown Zoom URL or via email from within Zoom
You can link Zoom recordings to your NEXT task:
- Create a Zoom recording on your computer and upload the file to the NEXT task
- Create a Zoom cloud recording from within your Zoom meeting. This will automatically be added to your NEXT task once Zoom finished processing the recording
Q: Why are my Zoom recordings no longer accessible?
NEXT doesn't copy the Zoom cloud recordings but keeps them at Zoom and stores only a link. If you delete your recordings in Zoom, they will therefore no longer be accessible from NEXT as well.
Q: I'm running out of space for Zoom recordings
Zoom's Pro/Business plans have a limited amount of cloud storage space (roughly 10h), which you are likely to use up in 1-2 NEXT projects.
There are various options:
- Acquire more storage space from Zoom (consult Zoom for details)
- Download your cloud recordings from Zoom and upload them as files to your NEXT tasks
- Record the Zoom meetings on your computer and upload them as files to your NEXT tasks
Questions & issues
If you encounter any issues with the NEXT app for Zoom, please report them like all other NEXT-related questions via the NEXT Support Portal (standard support SLAs apply).