For complicated issues, Collaborne Support may ask you to provide a dump of network requests. HAR is the HTTP Archive Format which logs the interactions of your web browsers with a site.
This page explains how to generate a HAR file with Chrome as this is by far the easiest option. We therefore strongly recommend to use Chrome to create the HAR file. There are plugins/extensions available for Firefox/Internet Explorer to generate HAR file.
Please follow these steps to create and share the HAR file:
- Open a new incognito window in Chrome
- Open the developer tool bar by selecting Hamburger > More Tools > Developer tools or press Ctrl-Shift-I or F12 (Windows/Linux) / Cmd+Shift+I (MacOS)
- Select the tab Network and ensure that preserve log and disable cache are activated.
- Open the URL to your Collaborne instance, e.g. https://<mycompany>.collaborne.com and log in
- Reproduce the issue as you had initial described it in your ticket
- Verify that there are many entries in the developer tool bar, similar to the screenshot:
- Right-click with the mouse on any of the entries, and select Save as HAR with content
- Save the file
- Attach the saved HAR file to the ticket